Pure + Simple is an all-natural skincare and wellness spa that was recommended to me by a fellow blogger and friend MoVernie on the MOVE. Although I have never been to Pure + Simple before it seems to be a very well known spa and many peoples hidden secret - and now I know why, but the secret is OUT!
Pure + Simple has been helping people achieve beautiful and natural skin since the 2000s’. The owner Jean Eng battled with severe acne almost her whole life and once she started to see her daughter going through the same battle, she decided to do something about it. In the past, harsh ointments and antibiotics prescribed by esthetician and dermatologists left her skin with scares and redness and she knew her daughter and many others were destined for the same fate – but not if she could help it.
Jean went to school to learn about skincare, first as a curiosity, but was soon inspired to open her own natural spa concept and design a line of holistic, chemical free products now known as the beloved Pure + Simple.
One thing that I love about Pure + Simple is that KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! Every single esthetician is there to help you achieve your skin goals. On top of their exceptional services they also offer a variety of products – all holistic – from numerous brands, not just their own. The company and the people that work there all share common core values: natural safe skincare always, sustainable business practices and the notion to treat each client as an individual with their own special problems and needs.
Pure + Simple aims to maximize the experience and comfort of their clients – and they deliver! Through choosing all-natural skincare products they provide some of the best products out there without compromising on services or results. If you are trying to live a healthy lifestyle, are battling with acne or are pregnant you should consider treating yourself to a Pure + Simple facial.
When I went in for my facial last week my lovely esthetician Caitlin shared a multitude of eye opening skincare tips that I had never heard before. As I said before at Pure + Simple knowledge is power which is why they take the time to explain simple skincare tips to help you achieve your skincare goals.
Now I am going to share those tips with you!
1) Hydration is good BUT – just because you drink 8 glasses of water doesn’t mean you are going to have beautifully hydrated skin. As a matter of fact, your skin is the last organ on your body to benefit from how much water you drink. That doesn’t mean you should stop drinking water it just means that topical creams that are water-based hydrate your skin directly and are more effective at producing beautifully hydrated skin.
2) Always go from THINNEST TO THICKEST – after cleansing your face before you apply your creams, remember to always apply the thinnest cream to the thickest cream.
3) AVOID THE EYES – face cream and eye creams are two different things. Eye creams are deliberately developed to prevent Milia – white small bumps on the eyelid caused by keratin buildup. Do not worry these small bumps are not dangerous and are not like pimples because there is no pore. They can however be easily removed and Pure + Simple can help you with that.
4) Don’t BOX yourself in – everyone has a different skincare footprint/needs. The majority of people do not fall into one skincare category but actually multiple. There may be areas of oiliness but other areas may be red and in need of hydration. Your skincare regime should reflect your personal needs.
5) Your body produces oils NOT water – when picking the proper skincare products examine weather your skin is red or inflamed. Water based products will help sooth and hydrate your skin. That does not mean oil based products wont, it just means your skincare needs are personal and therefore your products and skincare regime should be personalized to.
6) Do you ingest CHEMICALS? – Then why would you put them on your skin? Anything we put on our skin is absorbed into our bodies’ circulatory system, meaning it can directly contribute or detract our overall health. That is why skincare products that have safe and natural ingredients are essential. Avoid parabens, petrochemicals, silicones, phthalates, sulfates, or synthetic fragrances + dyes.
7) Serums? What are they? – serums, by definition, are skincare products you can apply to your skin after cleansing but before moisturizing with the intent of delivering powerful ingredients directly into the skin. Although serums are suppose to be water based (and therefore more absorbent) there are many serums out there that are oil based.
Today Pure + Simple has 4 locations (one in Waterloo) with one more on the way (Beaches - coming soon). On top of having 4 brick and mortar locations they also have all their products available online for purchase on the Pure + Simple website. If you feel like coming into a store to ‘try before you buy’ (which I recommend for any first timers) the staff at Pure + Simple will gladly offer you free samples and a free skincare analysis. If natural makeup products are what you are after they can help color match product for you. If you are looking to change your lifestyle and try some natural products and services I definitely recommend Pure + Simple. I know I’ll be going back soon.
To learn more about Pure + Simple or to book your next appointment check out their website -> HERE
If you have any questions please feel free to leave them in the comments below!